AAO Data Central (ADC) is the Anglo-Australian Telescope (AAT) Node of the All-Sky Virtual Observatory (ASVO). The development started in April 2015. The node is in the final development stage and is expected to be in production soon. The node was funded by the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (DIIS) and the funding was managed by Astronomy Australia Limited (AAL).
ADC will serve both spectra, data cubes, tables and image datasets. The first data release will host the SAMI Galaxy Survey and the GAMA survey as exemplary datasets. The AAT Legacy data will be added by the end of 2017 as a part of an ANDS funded project. An additional 5 datasets are scheduled to also be added by the end of the year. ADC is expected to host around 8-10 TB by the end of 2017.
Functionalities to be delivered:
- Query builder
- Single Object viewer
- Schema Browser
- TAP Service
- Apache Hadoop is used for backend processing.
- PrestoDB is used as a middle layer.
- The user interface is developed using Django and React.JS
- CDS TAP service (with modifications)
- A cluster of 12 nodes (20 core and 128 GB memory each) with InfiniBand interconnection hosted by AAO
- Total available storage is 72 TB